12.01.2010

"My" tree

Let's take a journey back in time.  The time- 1983.  The place- Boyertown, PA.  Two new young parents bring their wonderful first born baby girl home.  They decide to plant a tree, and watch it grow up alongside her.

Those people were my parents, and I am that girl!  It's 27 years later, and on a recent trip back home, this tree was absolutely amazing.  I think it was a great idea for my parents to plant a tree when I was born (it was probably the spring after I was born though, because it's too cold in December to plant a tree!), because it's been a lot of fun watching it grow.  

I have to say, in my 27 years, I've never seen this tree look so pretty.  I'm pretty sure I was lucky enough to be home at the peak of it's foliage this year!  Oh also- it's my birthday today, so I guess that's why I'm bring this up today :)




4 comments:

  1. Happy Happy Birthday Kelly!! Cheers to a great year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT?! I wish I knew! I would have brought you a cake! It surely won't be as tasty as your gramps, but I could try! Happy Birthday, my dear, I'm glad you were born.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's so pretty! just like the girl it was planted for! happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a beautiful story! Happy birthday :)

    ReplyDelete