4.25.2010

365 and done...

For the past year I've been photographing a "365 project."  There are many modifications to this idea, but the basics of it are just to take one picture a day for a whole year.  I decided to make the project super personal, and do a self portrait study.  I don't really see it as taking a bunch of pictures of myself.  I see it more like a magnifying glass into who I am, checking myself out to see how much and in what way I've grown over the past year.  A lot has changed for me.  New job, new car, new friends.  I've been fired and I watched as two very good friends moved away. And I've been photographing it all along the way.  Some shots really show the emotion behind what happened that day, others show where I was, and some are just goofy.  I didn't try to make myself look pretty or hide who I am- it's all me baby!

I'm not going to post any pictures here, because that's just weird, but if you want to see my progress from this past year, check out my flickr set here.

I'm both sad and excited by the completion of thise project.  Now to figure out what my next project will be...

No comments:

Post a Comment