10.26.2010

FriendlyFood...

I spent this past Sunday cooking lots of treats, but today I'll tell you about the awesome granola bars I made.  This recipe was super easy... and delicious! A full version of the recipe can be seen here.  Can't wait for these to be my 3:00 snack this week!

Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups old fashioned oats
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
5 tablespoons applesauce
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup Splenda brown sugar (I only used a tablespoon or so)
1/2 cup additions (I used Crasins and sliced almonds)

Additions can be any combination of: raisins, dates, cranberries, sunflower seeds, chopped nuts, etc.

Directions:  Combine all ingredients.  Pat down into a 8x8 pan that has been greased ( I used canola oil).  Bake at 325 for 18-22 minutes (my batch was finished at 20 minutes).  Let the pan cool down for 10 minutes, then cut into 9 servings.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment